15 April 2009

Phew

I did it. I successfully accepted admission to one graduate school, and told all the others that I was sorry, but I would just have to turn them down. I feel like a huge part of my life is over. For more than a year, I've been thinking about grad programs. I've researched them thoroughly, spent hours agonizing over sentences in my application, submitted over a dozen applications in at least a dozen different ways, visited many, phoned a few, and now, pressed that special "I accept" button on one. Now that I don't have to think about where to go to grad school, what will I do? Write my thesis, perhaps?

Later, I hope to blog about what was involved in my final decision. I definitely didn't select the obvious choice from an outside perspective. But for now, I'd like to get some sunshine and some comfort food before returning to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment